05 August 2012

CAMP!

Because I'm a terrible blogger, I neglected to mention that I was going to a women's only grappling camp in San Luis Obispo, CA. I went, I'm in the airport waiting for the weather to stop destroying San Francisco and now I'm beginning to unpack the experience.

IT     WAS    AWESOME!

I've never in my life been popular. When encountering new people, "friendly" would be an awfully generous term to attach to me. In most circumstances I'm a wallflower to the extreme, not just blending in with the wallpaper but camouflaging myself in order to do it better.

But not this week. This week I came alive. I made friends, I told my story, I...shared. And it was amazing. I owe a debt to every woman at the camp for contributing to an environment that allowed me to comfortable nearly instantaneously.

What a transformative experience to find yourself grinning constantly, bursting at the seams with energy, actually laughing out loud in the throws of what can only be described as pure, undiluted joy.

I doubt you're reading this, because really, no one is, but thank you, WGC SLO 2012, I dig you.

No comments:

Post a Comment