22 August 2012

Goals.

As I begin this post, I must stress once again that I am not a sophisticated blogger. Also, I'm not an original blogger. As such, I saw a really cool blog a few weeks ago in which the owner had hashed out a list of goals in several areas of his life and had put them into his blog profile or something along with his progress on said goals.
I have goals, and I'm going to list them, but since I have no idea how to put them in some sort of special post that requires a bunch of clicking to get to, they'll be right here. Right in the middle of all the stuff you can scroll through.

As of August 20th, 2012, these are my jiu jitsu goals. Until I think of more. Maybe I'll figure out how to put updates in a different color or font or some jazz.

Short-term BJJ goals:
  • Make a savings account for BJJ spending (accomplished this afternoon!)
  • Research and set an overall diet for myself (in progress...slow progress)
  • Set a weight cutting diet and menu (see above)
  • Read The Gift of Fear (in progress)
  • Plan and budget for DC training trip (not yet)
  • Find partners to train with during open mat times (in progress)
  • Compete in Open weight division at an IBJJF (not yet--2013)
  • Work on organizing Tap Cancer Out charity tournament in Chicago (in progress)
  • Work on gathering seminar instructors for my school (vaguely in progress)
Mid-term BJJ goals:
  • Gather list of 2013 tournaments and decide what to attend (in progress)
  • Establish a budget to attend 2013 tournaments
  • Establish a budget for future grappling camps
  • Research continuing education options
  • Train 2x year with camp people (outside of camp setting)
  • Win my division at an IBJJF
  • Win Open weight division at an IBJJF
Long-term BJJ goals:
  • Start self defense program at the Center on Halstead
  • Progress through the ranks
  • BLACK BELT!
  • Teach/Coach professionally
  • Coach a few students to an elite level 
That's all I've got for now. More than likely I'll change, drop, add and otherwise adjust this list. But, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment